South African Immigration Rule for people travelling with Children

Please note the new the attached immigration requirements of the Republic of South Africa, when travelling with Children, will apply on 01 June 2015:

  • Two parents travelling with children will need to show the child’s Unabridged Birth Certificate (UBC).
  • One married parent travelling with a child will need to show the UBC and either:
    • a Parental Consent Affidavit (PAC) from the parent not travelling,
    • or a letter of special circumstances,
    • or a copy of Court order in terms of section 18(5) of the Children’s Act, 2005,
      authorising a minor to enter or depart from the Republic in the absence of parental consent of either parent.
Widowed parent travelling with a child will need to show the UBC and a death certificate of deceased parent.
Children travelling with family friends will need a UBC, PCA, copies of parents passports, and contact details of parents.
Please enquire for requirements for divorcees and guardians as it varies according to conditions of court orders.
Note that here is no need to translate the unabridged birth certificate.
Airlines will be forced to refuse travel to families not in possession of these documents and this regulation will apply at any entry point to South Africa.